City Hall Now Open
FACILITY OPERATION HOURS
• City Hall: Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
• Community Center: Monday through Friday from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
• Senior Center: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Seniors must register to participate in the lunch and programs at the Senior Center. To register or for more information, call (626) 448-0131.
• Public Safety Center: Monday through Thursday from 10:00 am to 12 noon & 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Questions or To Make An Appointment
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment for in-person assistance please call (626) 579-6540 Ext. 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 City Operations
• City Council Meetings: On March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which authorizes the City Council to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. All requirements of the Brown Act requiring the physical presence of Council Members, staff, or the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting have been waived. For upcoming meetings, agendas, and information on how to participate in the meetings, visit https://www.cityofsouthelmonte.org/129/City-Council-Agendas-Minutes
For more information, call the City Clerk's Office at (626) 579-6540 ext. 3220.
• Eviction Moratorium for Residents and Businesses: Adoption of Ordinance NO.1249-U - Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals Due to COVID-19. View Ordinance 1249-U
• Transportation Services for Seniors 60+ or Disabled: This service transports participants within city limits and up to 15 miles outside South El Monte for medical appointments. To register for this service or for more information please call the Senior Center at (626) 448-0131.
• Building Permits and Inspections: To obtain a building permit, please use the Online Permitting System. To schedule a building inspection or for additional information call City Hall at (626) 579-6540 ext.3275 or via email at email@example.com, Monday through Thursday, from 7 am to 5:30 pm for assistance.
• Outdoor Dining/Operations Temporary Use Permits: To obtain an outdoor dining/operations temporary use permit, call (626) 579-6540 ext. 3201, Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm
• Yard/Garage Sales - The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is now permitting residential yard sales. All residents in the City of South El Monte may obtain a FREE yard sale permit. Yard sales are permitted on the first Saturday of every month. For full details and to obtain a yard sale application, visit https://bit.ly/34bbJDg
• Report Issues in the Community (i.e. graffiti, potholes): online or via the smartphone app; GORequest.
• Sheriff's Temple Station: (626) 285-7171 / Call 9-1-1 for life threatening situations or in progress crimes.
- Sheriff's Online Report Tracking System (SORTS): This system allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report through this webpage http://shq.lasdnews.net/shq/SORTS/sorts_intro.aspx. Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the approved report emailed to you for your records.
• Animal Control (Dog Licensing, Report Dead Animals, Lost/Found Pets, Adoptions): Call SEAACA at (562) 803-3301
• El Monte/South El Monte Chamber of Commerce: (626) 443-0180
We apologize for any inconvenience these measures may have caused, however the well-being of our community and staff is the City’s highest priority.