City Hall Open - By Appointment Only
By Appointment Only Until Further Notice
Beginning November 23, City Hall will be operating by "appointment only" visits due to the recent spikes in COVID-19 cases and Stay at Home Order.
City Hall Operating Hours
City Hall is open Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm. Closed on Fridays, Weekends and Major Holidays.
Schedule An Appointment
To schedule an appointment call City Hall, Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm at (626) 579-6540 and press "0" (Zero) for the operator.
Please do not visit City Hall, if you are sick or have the following symptoms: fever, cough or shortness of breath.
*If you plan to visit City Hall, please wear your face mask and practice safe distancing for safety and health measures.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
- Monday, May 31, 2020 - Memorial Day
COVID-19 City Operations
• City Council Meetings: On March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which authorizes the City Council to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. All requirements of the Brown Act requiring the physical presence of Council Members, staff, or the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting have been waived. For upcoming meetings, agendas, and information on how to participate in the meetings, visit https://www.cityofsouthelmonte.org/129/City-Council-Agendas-Minutes
• Eviction Moratorium for Residents and Businesses: Adoption of Ordinance NO.1249-U - Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals Due to COVID-19. View Ordinance 1249-U
• COVID-19 Assistance Grants for Residents: The City is awarding one-time grants to residents ($1,000 for rent/mortgage) who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. These grants are issued to eligible recipients. Call (626) 652-6800 to sign up or for more information. View Rental/Mortgage Assistant Grant Requirements
• Senior Meals: For our regular Elderly Nutrition Program participants of South El Monte, they receive seven frozen meals a week for a suggested donation of $10. For more information, call the Senior Center at 626-448-0131, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
• Transportation Services for Seniors 60+ or Disabled: This service transports participants within city limits and up to 15 miles outside South El Monte for medical appointments. To register for this service or for more information please call the Senior Center 626-448-0131, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
• Parks & Recreation Facilities/Programming: In accordance to health official guidelines, the City has made some updates to its amenities. For more information, call the Community Center at (626) 579-2043, Monday through Thursday, from 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Recreation Facilities Closed Until Further Notice: Aquatic Center, Community Center, Senior Center, Boxing Gym, and Reservation Halls.
- Parks and Outdoor Playgrounds Open: Parks and outdoor playgrounds are now open. Face coverings and physical distancing required. Group gatherings, team play, practices, scrimmages, or games are now allowed.
- Open Facilities With Limited Use: Skate park, tennis court, and basketball courts.
• Building Permits and Inspections: To obtain a building permit, please use the Online Permitting System. To schedule a building inspection or for additional information call City Hall at (626) 579-6540 ext.3275 or via email at email@example.com, Monday through Thursday, from 7 am to 5:30 pm for assistance.
• Outdoor Dining/Operations Temporary Use Permits: To obtain an outdoor dining/operations temporary use permit, call (626) 579-6540 ext. 3201, Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm.
• Street Sweeping Parking Enforcement: With the end of the Stay at Home Order, street sweeping parking enforcement has resumed (Effective February 1,2021). For additional information, please call the Public Safety Center at (626) 652-3111, Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
• Yard/Garage Sales are Not allowed in the City until further notice, in accordance with the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health.
• Report Issues in the Community (i.e. graffiti, potholes): online or via the smartphone app; GORequest.
• Sheriff's Temple Station: (626) 285-7171 / Call 9-1-1 for life threatening situations or in progress crimes.
- Sheriff's Online Report Tracking System (SORTS): This system allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report through this webpage http://shq.lasdnews.net/shq/SORTS/sorts_intro.aspx. Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the approved report emailed to you for your records.
• Animal Control (Dog Licensing, Report Dead Animals, Lost/Found Pets, Adoptions): Call SEAACA at (562) 803-3301
• El Monte/South El Monte Chamber of Commerce: (626) 443-0180
We apologize for any inconvenience these measures may have caused, however the well-being of our community and staff is the City’s highest priority. Please visit our Facebook page for updates as well.