City Hall Operating Hours
City Hall is open Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm. Closed on Fridays, Weekends and Major Holidays.
*Face masks are required inside City Hall regardless of vaccination status, per LA County Health Order.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
- Monday, September 6, 2021 - Labor Day
- Monday, October 11, 2021 - Indigenous Day/Columbus Day
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans' Day
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Thanksgiving Day
COVID-19 City Operations
• City Council Meetings: On March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which authorizes the City Council to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. All requirements of the Brown Act requiring the physical presence of Council Members, staff, or the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting have been waived. For upcoming meetings, agendas, and information on how to participate in the meetings, visit https://www.cityofsouthelmonte.org/129/City-Council-Agendas-Minutes
• Eviction Moratorium for Residents and Businesses: Adoption of Ordinance NO.1249-U - Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals Due to COVID-19. View Ordinance 1249-U
• Senior Meals: For our regular Elderly Nutrition Program participants of South El Monte, they receive meals a week for a suggested donation of $10. For more information, call the Senior Center at 626-448-0131.
• Transportation Services for Seniors 60+ or Disabled: This service transports participants within city limits and up to 15 miles outside South El Monte for medical appointments. To register for this service or for more information please call the Senior Center at 626-448-0131.
• Parks & Recreation Facilities/Programming: In accordance to health official guidelines, the City has made some updates to its amenities. For more information, call the Community Center at (626) 579-2043, Monday through Thursday, from 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Recreation Facilities Closed Until Further Notice: Aquatic Center, Community Center, Senior Center, Boxing Gym, and Reservation Halls.
- Parks and Outdoor Playgrounds Open: Parks and outdoor playgrounds are now open. Face coverings and physical distancing required. Group gatherings, team play, practices, scrimmages, or games are now allowed.
- Open Facilities With Limited Use: Skate park, tennis court, and basketball courts.
• Building Permits and Inspections: To obtain a building permit, please use the Online Permitting System. To schedule a building inspection or for additional information call City Hall at (626) 579-6540 ext.3275 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Thursday, from 7 am to 5:30 pm for assistance.
• Outdoor Dining/Operations Temporary Use Permits: To obtain an outdoor dining/operations temporary use permit, call (626) 579-6540 ext. 3201, Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm.
• Street Sweeping Parking Enforcement: With the end of the Stay at Home Order, street sweeping parking enforcement has resumed (Effective February 1,2021). For additional information, please call the Public Safety Center at (626) 652-3111, Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
• Yard/Garage Sales - The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is now permitting residential yard sales. All residents in the City of South El Monte may obtain a FREE yard sale permit. Yard sales are permitted on the first Saturday of every month. For full details and to obtain a yard sale application, visit https://bit.ly/34bbJDg
• Report Issues in the Community (i.e. graffiti, potholes): online or via the smartphone app; GORequest.
• Sheriff's Temple Station: (626) 285-7171 / Call 9-1-1 for life threatening situations or in progress crimes.
- Sheriff's Online Report Tracking System (SORTS): This system allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report through this webpage http://shq.lasdnews.net/shq/SORTS/sorts_intro.aspx. Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the approved report emailed to you for your records.
• Animal Control (Dog Licensing, Report Dead Animals, Lost/Found Pets, Adoptions): Call SEAACA at (562) 803-3301
• El Monte/South El Monte Chamber of Commerce: (626) 443-0180
We apologize for any inconvenience these measures may have caused, however the well-being of our community and staff is the City’s highest priority. Please visit our Facebook page for updates as well.