South El Monte City Hall
COVID-19 City Operations
- City Council: To contact or schedule an appointment with any of the City Councilmembers, please contact Executive Assistant Dianna Gomez at (626) 652-3117 or via email at email@example.com
- City Council Meetings: On March 17, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which authorizes the City Council to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. All requirements of the Brown Act requiring the physical presence of Council Members, staff, or the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting have been waived. Upcoming meetings, agendas, and information on how to participate in the meetings maybe viewed at cityofsouthelmonte.org/129/City-Council-Agendas-Minutes. For more information, call the City Clerk's Office at (626) 579-6540 ext. 3220.
- Eviction Moratorium for Residents and Businesses: View Update
- Building and Safety Department Hours: (Effective August 8, 2022)
Business Licenses (New/Renewal): please use our Online Business License System
- Report Issues in the Community (i.e., graffiti, potholes, City trees): Online or via the smartphone “Access South El Monte” app. The app is available at the App Store and Google Play.
- Sheriff’s Temple Station: (626) 285-7171 / Call 9-1-1 for life threatening situations or in progress crimes.
- Animal Control (Dog Licensing, Report Dead Animals, Lost/Fount Pets, Adoptions): Call SEAACA at (562) 803-3301.
- Dog Licenses (New/Renewal): Now Available Online
- Parking Enforcement:
- Senior Services (Nutrition, Transportation Services, Health/Social Programs): Seniors must register to participate in the lunch and programs at the Senior Center. To register or for more information, call (626) 448-0131.
- Parks and Recreation: For information on our parks, recreational programs, special events and park/facility rentals, view our Parks and Recreation webpage or call the Community Center at (626) 579-2043.
- Yard/Garage Sales: Yard sales are permitted on the first Saturday of every month with a permit. All residents in the City of South El Monte may obtain a FREE yard sale permit. For full details and to obtain a yard sale application, visit https://bit.ly/34bbJDg
- El Monte/South El Monte Chamber of Commerce: (626) 443-0180