Leisure classes for all ages and interests are available to residents and non-residents for a nominal fee. Registration is taken from the 1st to the 10th of the month unless noted otherwise, at the South El Monte Community Center, 1530 Central Avenue, Monday through Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m..
- Form of payment accepted: Cash, Check, and Credit Card (except American Express)
- Residents must provide proof of residency (i.e. driver’s license and current utility bill)
Learn the essentials of boxing and become physically fit at the South El Monte Boxing Club. Upon the instructor’s approval, participants may compete in local boxing tournaments.
Registration for the boxing program is the 1st day of the month, starting at 1:00 p.m. at the community center’s boxing gym. If the 1st happens to fall on a weekend, registration will take place on the following Monday. Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Days and Times: Monday through Friday
- Youth (Ages 8-16).
- Session 1: 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Session 2: 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Session 3: 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Adult (Ages 17 & Older)
- $18 Residents/$35 Non-Residents (Ages 8-16)
- $30 Residents/$45 Non-Residents (Ages 17 & Older)
- Instructors: Ben Lira and Staff
- Location: Community Center
- Session: Monthly
Become an Instructor
Have an idea for a new class? Want to make extra money? The Parks and Recreation Division is always looking for new ideas taught by qualified instructors. If you have a special skill or are particularly knowledgeable about a subject and would like to share it with others, we would be interested in receiving a proposal for a class. Please email Recreation Specialist Nancy Rodriguez or call 626-579-2043 for more information.