Landlord-Tenant concerns, evictions, rent control, rent increase, please find the below information as a resource:
- Housing Counselors are available at the Housing Rights Center (HRC): Questions about your housing rights? Call 1-800-477-5977 or visit housingrightscenter.org
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles (NLSLA) offer Free Housing Legal Services, Call 1-800-433-6251 or visit their local office at 3629 Santa Anita Avenue Suite #109, El Monte.
- For self-help with California Courts information, visit their website: courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-housing.htm
- For repairs needed in your rental, please see view: How can I get my landlord to make repairs? (PDF)
- If you live in Los Angeles County and you have problems with mice, bedbugs, roaches or mold, call the Los Angeles Department of Public Health at 1-888-700-9995 or visit the local office at 1435 West Covina Pkwy, Room 5, West Covina, phone: (626) 813-3346.
- Rent Control: The City of South El Monte does not have rent control. Although the City does not have rent control, both County (Los Angeles) and State (California) landlord-tenant laws apply.
- Applications are currently being accepted through Housing Is Key: Resources for renters, landlords and homeowners visit housing.ca.gov
Down Payment Assistance (Second/Subordinate Loan Program)
Government Loans (First Mortgage Programs)
- CalHFA offers FHA & Conventional loans, visit their website for more information: CalHFA Loans
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) Grants/Funding