COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
City of South El Monte
- Eviction Moratorium: Adoption of Ordinance NO.1249-U - Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals Due to COVID-19. View Ordinance 1249-U
- COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Grant: The City of South El Monte is providing one-time $10,000 grant to small businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. View Eligibility Requirements, eligible applicants may call (626) 652-6800 for more information. Open enrollment period will start on MARCH 01, 2021 through MARCH 05, 2021. Beginning March 01, 2021, complete the following form to register: COVID Small Business Grant - Intake Form. Registration will end on March 05, 2021.
- Outdoor Dining and Operations Temporary Use Permits: In response to economic hardship and capacity limitations due to COVID-19, the City of South El Monte is authorizing (subject to permit conditions) the temporary expansion of outdoor dining and salon or barber operations on private and public property. View Permit Requirements and Application
Local, County of Los Angeles, State of California & Federal Resources
- El Monte/South El Monte Chamber of Commerce: (626) 443-0180
- LA County Department of Public Health: Health Officer Order - Safer at Work and in the Community
- What's Open? Blueprint for a Safer Economy
- LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center: Call the Disaster Help Center at: (833) 238-4450. Hours: Monday to Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm
- State of California Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Employment Development Department (EDD): Resources for Unemployment due to COVID-19.
- LA County Consumer and Business Affairs: Centralized call center and website providing free, one-on-one counseling and support for business owners.
- LA County Development Authority BizHelp: The BizHelp Program provides a diverse array of FREE technical assistance webinars to help businesses large and small navigate through economic uncertainty and prepare them for a post-COVID-19 economy.
- LAEDC (Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation): For immediate no-cost business assistance and crisis relief program consultation
- LA County COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: As part of the federal CARES Act, the program helps unemployed Californians who are business owners, self-employed, independent contractors, have limited work history, and others not usually eligible for regular state Unemployment Insurance benefits who are out of business or services are significantly reduced as a direct result of the pandemic.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources
- Small Business Association Disaster Loan Assistance
- America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC): Provides workers and job seekers many of the resources normally available in-person at AJCCs, including job openings, online education, and information for recently laid-off workers.
- OnwardCA.org: A web-based resource that connects people who have lost their jobs to life essential services, training opportunities, and other potential jobs.
- FREE PPE for LA County Businesses
- U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA): For interim guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19, you can view the OSHA/HHS guidance.
- California Franchise Tax Board: For special tax relief available to California taxpayers affected by COVID-19.
- California Department of Tax and Fee Assistance (CDTFA): For special assistance including tax filing and payment extensions, and/or relief from interest and penalties.
- IRS: Coronavirus Tax Relief
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Resources and Guidelines