City Hall Now Open
Monday & Wednesday 7 am - 2:30 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 10 am - 5:30 pm
The City of South El Monte is actively monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is the lead authority for all public health emergencies in our City and County. They are working closely with all jurisdictions including the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to recent reports of the Coronavirus.
We advise residents and businesses to follow all recommendations from the CDC as well as local orders from the California Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
South El Monte Declares Local Emergency
The City of South El Monte’s number one priority is the health and well-being of our community and employees. The City has taken proactive steps to help slow the spread of the virus.
On March 12, 2020, the City of South El Monte declared a State of Emergency. Click here to learn about the City’s State of Emergency.
For complete press release, take a look at the 03-12-2020 - City of South El Monte Declares Local Emergency (PDF).
The City of South El Monte is following the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s latest recommendations to cancel and postpone community events and gatherings where large groups are expected. Consequently, the City of South El Monte has implemented the following precautionary measures:
- Cancellation and postponement of all City events until further notice.
- 04-07-2020 Directive and Order by the Mayor and City Council (PDF)
- Adopted Ordinance 1244-U - Emergency Commercial Eviction Protections and Residential Rent Deferrals (PDF)
- Adopted Ordinance 1245-U - Emergency Price-Gouging Protections (PDF)
- Temporary closure of the South El Monte Senior Center until further notice. For our regular Elderly Nutrition Program participants of South El Monte, they will receive five frozen meals a week. For more information, call the Senior Center at 626-448-0131, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- The South El Monte Community Center and all parks are temporarily closed to the general public until further notice.
- Street sweeping parking enforcement suspended now until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience these measures may have caused, however the well-being of our community and staff is the City’s highest priority. Please visit our Facebook page for updates as well.